Saturday, April 7, 2012

Current Project: Clothing Portraits



As the world starts to awaken from its winter sleep, my work starts to pile up in 
quaint little mountains. It a little disheartening is having to make the decision to 
stay inside the house when the outdoors are so appealing. I have to settle for the 
sunlight that creeps in from the windows. I hope that others have the luxury of 
roaming outdoors.


I am writing to present another project I have been working on. The project is 
called the Clothing Portraits. It is a little self-explanatory. It is a Portrait without 
any figure, instead using the clothes to represents the person. Clothes or how a 
person dress is seen as a sign of self-expression. So I was curious to see if clothes 
can be insolated from the human figure and still represent a person.



The portraits are quite small. The size is smaller than a postcard. It is crazy to 
see how many patterns and details I can fit into these little portraits. Shoes seem 
to be my obvious weakness in these portraits. I am not well skilled at illustrating 
shoes.



I am currently working from fashion magazines and catalogues from stores. I 
am planning to expand into documenting individual outfits from fashion blogs, 
lifestyle blogs, and of course Pinterest. And maybe as a finish I might document 
some of my own favorite outfits. I will be presenting more clothing portraits as 
I continue this project throughout the summer.



Best wishes

No comments:

Post a Comment